You may come across Benchmark Mortgages from time to time in the news. Brandon Scott is a guest contributor to the Edmonton Journal and The Sherwood Park News. Keep checking back to learn more about market news, trends and tips.
- Brandon Scott was featured in the following Globe and Mail article on April 24, 2017. The good news? Mortgage interest rates are still at historical lows. But as policy-makers and the media regularly remind us, this means there is only one direction for them to move – and that is up. And this could potentially […]
- The Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) announced on January 17, 2017 that it will increase its homeowner mortgage loan insurance premiums effective March 17, 2017. Now that the deadline is only two weeks away many new home buyers in Edmonton are scrambling to try to find a home before the increase. All of this […]
- Consistently voted one of Edmonton’s best neighbourhoods, discover an area rich in history and what’s it like to live & work in a community with access to downtown, the University of Alberta, and the beautiful Mill Creek Ravine. Here’s another segment of Be My Neighbour with Brandon Scott on Shaw TV. Edmonton Go! is your […]
- By now many of you reading this have already heard about the new housing measures unveiled earlier this week by Finance Minister Bill Morneau. Here is a brief summary of those changes: Mortgage Rate Stress Test to All Insured Mortgages Eligibility Requirements for Low-Ratio Mortgage Insurance Capital gains exemption for a primary residence A potential […]
- Brandon Scott was featured in the Spring Mortgage Report on April 25, 2016 along with other national experts in the Globe & Mail. What an investor, certified financial planner, mortgage broker, home inspector and realtor have to say about the best strategies for today’s market: Don Campbell is a senior analyst with the Real Estate […]
- Considering a new home? Check out another segment of Be My Neighbour with Brandon Scott on Shaw TV Edmonton go! which is Shaw TV’s local magazine show which profiles relevant people and places, providing insight and a unique voice on community issues and events. In this segment Brandon finds out what’s really involved in transforming […]